Choosing the perfect wedding venue takes a lot of planning. Through this post, we will try to make it simpler for you. Even though you might want to plan a small wedding, once you start preparing your guest list, the numbers are only going to go up. Obviously, you need the right space to fit all your guests in and also to fulfill your vision of the perfect wedding.
Finding the right wedding venue can be frustrating. Whether it’s a ballroom, a large open space with a great view, or an old-fashioned barn, you need a place that will look fantastic and fit your budget. We’ve put together a guide on how to select the perfect wedding venue as well as some great options in the New Jersey area. Don’t look for cheap wedding venues just because you don’t want to blow your budget out of the water. It’s your big day, and splurging on the perfect venue means creating a magical atmosphere for you and your guests.
How to Choose the Right Wedding Venue
Planning a wedding requires a truckload of patience and a clear mind. Here’s what you need to consider before venue-hunting:
Speak to Your Wedding Planner
If you’ve hired a planner for your wedding, make sure to discuss your expectations and requirements for the right venue. Even if you’re working on a limited budget and want to fit in a larger number of guests, wedding planners will help you make the most of the venue you select.
Choose the Venue that Matches Your Dream Wedding
This point is pretty obvious. You need a venue that fits your vision. This means that the venue, the décor, the catering, your dress, everything will fit into a particular theme. For instance, if you’re planning a regal, upscale wedding, you might choose an indoor venue with massive crystal chandeliers, marble flooring, and grand staircases.
For a more relaxed summer wedding, you may choose an outdoor venue with luscious green gardens and plenty of floral decorations. If you want something rustic and cozier, you’ll want something like a big barn, or a ballroom with plenty of natural light and open, big picture windows.
Get Your Numbers Right
Knowing how many guests you intend to invite and how many are likely to show up will prevent you from stressing out later and running into mishaps where guests are left standing in corners because they have no space to sit or dance after the ceremony.
Write down the names of all the guests both you and your fiancé intend to invite. Add any guests that your parents or in-laws may want to invite, too. This will not only help you determine the size of the venue but also how much room you have in your budget after calculating the catering, band, and other expenses.
With each venue you consider, make sure to see how much parking space they offer so that your guests don’t have to park miles away from the venue, especially if they’re in heels. This is also the stage where you’ll consider the location of the venue. For smaller events, you can select a venue that will be easy for all your guests to access.
Look at What’s Included with the Venue
Some venues offer more facilities than others. For instance, if you look at resorts or clubs, you’ll get access to spa facilities and other activities. If you look at hotel ballrooms, any guests coming from different cities or countries will have a convenient place to stay. In this case, you’ll also be able to get dressed at the venue, relax, and enjoy a nice meal before the ceremony starts.
If it’s an estate with an indoor ballroom and an outside garden space, you’ll be able to get some great photos taken outside to create lasting memories.
Go with the Place You Like
If you’re getting opinions from friends or family members on the venue, be careful not to get swept away. Even if they like a certain place and you have something else in mind, go with what your heart is telling you (and consider what your spouse wants as well since you’ll probably be spending the rest of your life with them).
Sort Out Your Wedding Date
Even if you’re flexible about the exact date of your wedding, you need to set boundaries. For instance, if you’ve planned your entire event around a summer theme and the venue of your choice is booked solid throughout the season, you’ll need to consider other options. Alternatively, you can be flexible about your theme and look for your dream venue first. Once you have the venue booked for your wedding date, you can start planning the theme and the food.
How Much Effort Are You Willing to Put in?
When looking at venues, you’ll need to consider how much work will go into making the place look worthy of a wedding. Ballrooms and banquet halls are generally quite wedding-ready, to begin with, with smooth marble floors, carpeting, and chandeliers. In fact, even some basic floral décor would be sufficient. However, if you want to personalize the entire theme and create something straight out of Pinterest, you’ll need a space that allows for more creative freedom, like an open barn or an outdoor, garden space where you can add lanterns, fairy lights, balloon décor, and much more.
Frequently Asked Questions by People Looking for Wedding Venues
We’ve put together the answers to some top questions people ask when they’re planning their weddings and looking for the perfect wedding venue:
What Are the Elements for the Perfect Wedding?
Of course, you need the perfect partner to make your day special, but when it comes down to planning, you need to consider everything. This means that you need to have the right location, the right band, the right caterers, and so on, all according to your theme and all within your desired price points. Find your wedding vendors on 360SiteVisit
The 360 Approach
Having the perfect wedding is all about the 360-degree approach. This includes:
- Selecting décor vendors who will take care of everything like flower arrangements, balloons, centerpieces, stage lighting, and so on.
- Choosing the perfect wedding cake from a vendor who designs sugary treats that look incredible and taste just as good- a sweet start to your life together.
- Finding a dance studio that will help you perfect your wedding dance, even if you’re the kind of people who can’t even walk straight without bumping into everything.
- Looking for the right entertainment- depending on your theme and budget, you’ll need a DJ to get all your guests in the right mood, a band to get the party started, and a photo booth so everyone can have a memento from your big event.
- You’ll need the right caterer to plan a menu that includes a range of dishes that you and your guests will enjoy.
- Finding a makeup artist who will bring out your natural beauty and make sure you look stunning from morning till night.
- Getting wedding favors for your guests as a remembrance of a magical night.
Click here for a step-by-step guide on creating the ultimate wedding checklist.
What Are the Top Wedding Venues in New Jersey?
Here are some fantastic venue options for the ultimate fairytale wedding:
- Park Chateau Estate & Gardens: the ultimate option for an open, well-lit ballroom with plenty of big windows, guest space, gorgeous views of the rolling green gardens, and the perfect place for a pre-wedding photoshoot.
- Park Savoy Estate: at Park Savoy, you have the option to plan an indoor wedding in the massive ballroom or an outdoor one in the garden. The massive crystal chandeliers will make your wedding regal.
- Nanina’s in the Park: the perfect open ballroom with a stage and a separate buffet area.
- Crystal Springs Resort: Start your big day with a trip to the Crystal Springs Resort spa before getting caught up in the flurry of preparations. Most people opt for an outdoor wedding on the massive green expanses near the Crystal Springs golf course.
- The Rockleigh: complete with a royal staircase and open dance floor, plan the ultimate royal wedding here.
For more of these wedding venues, check out 360SiteVisit, where you can get a virtual, 360-degree tour of the wedding venue of your choice. You’ll also be able to select wedding vendors for bands, catering, décor, and much more and ultimately tick off everything on your checklist.
Venue Selection Made Easy
Looking at multiple venues in person can be a taxing and time-consuming task. Through virtual tours of wedding venues, you can see multiple places in 3D within minutes. Zoom in on the factors that concern you, and once you’re happy with a venue, connect with the vendor, and even have a look at the site in person before confirming your booking.
Through 360SiteVisit, you can not only go through a virtual venue tour and connect with vendors in New Jersey, but you can also reach out to vendors for other items on your planner, such as caterers, wedding cake makers, dance instructors, DJs, bands, transportation, wedding décor, and much more.
Know Before You Go!
Save Time and Energy in Finding the Perfect Wedding or Event Venue.
Search our Directory of Wedding & Event Venue Virtual Tours.